1. Married life is such a blessing. I’m glad I waited for it. I’m glad I went for it too!
2. If you don’t do it, then it won’t get done. My hubby is tremendously helpful, but between the two of us, if we don’t do a chore, it doesn’t happen. Mom will not come to the house overnight and fill the sugar bowl for us. Those knives sitting in the sink will not clean themselves and go back in the holder.
3. If I was prone to laziness before the wedding, it doesn’t change much after the wedding.
4. Having someone else around shows you how many of your activities are exercises in futility.
5. We are each other’s spiritual encourager – we’re still working out the whole “spiritual leader” bit, but right now, encouragement is what is called for.
6. Division of chores doesn’t have to be assigned by gender, but sometimes it’s for the best.
7. Status checks are great. It’s always a good idea to know where each other is standing in the relationship and make adjustments accordingly.
8. It’s ok not to tackle all projects at once. One, it costs too much money. Two, there aren’t enough hours in the day. Three, most projects can wait.
9. If you do something the other likes more then there’s a good chance they’ll reciprocate when it’s something you like more. Car shows for a pro tennis match is an even trade. 🙂
10. Generosity is something that is not optional. It isn’t just about money; it is the unnamed fruit of the Spirit.
11. Cooking can actually be fun! I’ve always been a baker, but I’m really enjoying the cooking-side of the kitchen. I’m very grateful for a husband who is willing to try anything I make…even if just once.
12. Some TV shows are best shared. But be careful of introducing LOST to your husband’s repertoire…it will cause serial runs of the show for days. How my friends and I managed to wait for a week between episodes is beyond me!
13. Remembering is important. Remembering successes, fun times, bad times, mistakes, etc…that’s a good thing. Dwelling on them and not moving forward is not.
and 14. (because it’s 2014!) Cleanliness may not be next to godliness, but it sure is a good idea!
Time to clean up all this Christmas stuff!!
What all did you learn this last year? I know there is more to this list than just 14, but it’s all I could think of right now.