This last Sunday, Matt and I had our first wedding shower. I say “we” because it was at his church and since I’m still meeting people there and a bit hairy on faces and names, it made more sense for him to be there too. His lovely aunts, mom and some ladies from the church threw it for us. It was great! Here are some shots for you.
Talk about sweet! There were some other photos too for you.
We got so many great gifts. Several came off our registries, but some were extra and I loved them! We got some stone cookware from Pampered Chef, which I’m super jazzed about, and an appetizer tray with a compartment underneath for ice. How cool is that?! Lots of gardening tools too. I was quite a bit excited about the long-handled pruners and the hand-held ones too. What can I say, I like tools. One gift was entirely handmade, even the bag it came in! I love handmade things, being a handmade kind of person myself.
So many people were there too. Like I said, it’s Matt’s church and even though I’ve met a lot of people there, seen them at least once, and met most of his family, I had to stop introducing people to my mom and MOH after about 10. After we opened a gift, I wanted to make eye contact to thank them, but Matt was having trouble locating them in the sea of faces. It was great though. I was so touched.
I was so glad that Lanna could come up to the shower. Of my clan, it was her and my mom who could come. No worries, in a couple weeks, it will be completely flipped with the bulk of guests being from my crew. Can’t wait for that! And Grandma Charles got to come up from Kentucky! And her sister Mary is one of the sweetest ladies. She gave us such a great gift of two rose bushes! They are already planted in a temporary home out front of The House until we get something set up for them in the back yard. I’m already planning on the gardens taking a good three years to get in any semblance of order. But oh! I’m so excited for rose bushes! My mom has some baby lilac trees growing in her garden and said that we can relocate one to The House. Can you say, “Woot!”? Go ahead, say it.
When we got all the loot back to The House, I wasn’t going to try to unload it all right away. But then I just couldn’t contain myself.
I pulled this out of its bag first, threw my flip flops off and ran to the bathroom. It immediately replaced the brown one that’s been in there and I stepped on it with my bare feet. So soft! Matt’s comment, “Huh…it’s thicker in some spots.” Oh, men…
In other news:
- I love Thank You notes. Correction: I love buying them. Cute ones. I have a stock-pile. I thought this would be to my advantage, but it’s hard writing Thank You notes to people you don’t really know. I think I’m doing alright though. Matt says I am. He gets to just sign his name on the card without much more than saying, “I agree with everything you said. *big grin*” Lucky cuss.
- This week has been an emotional roller coaster. I’ve decided that my world travels are a blessing and a curse. I love having gone to so many places and meeting so many people across the globe, but it makes it hard when something bad happens. My chances of knowing someone affected by it has increased dramatically. I’ve had to watch from afar as friends/family have gone through emotional turmoil, natural disasters, accidents, extreme weather, political uprisings (Egypt, Thailand, Bangladesh, etc), serious health issues and death, and terrorist attacks. This week has been an emphasis of the “curse” part. (I realize that’s a selfish way to look at it all…but since everyone is fine in the recent events, I feel at ease to introspection.)
- Friday night, I was commandeered to help sing for a youth event at my church. Naturally, I commandeered Matt to help too. This was our sentiment of the evening.
I’m not really built for teens. But it was fun taking lots of pictures and vids of the kids doing goofy things. Some of the games were pretty fab. And there was ice cream afterwards…with chocolate chips inside. So yum.
Have a great week everyone!
I’m getting married to my, you guessed it, best friend on June 1st, 2013! Matt and I are super-excited and since we have quite a bit of time to plan this thing, I decided it’d be fun to blog about it. Well, maybe not always fun, but at least informative and it might give me a welcome distraction. You can find all the posts by clicking the “Getting Married” tab on the right of this page, or by clicking here. Thanks for stopping by!
My Pinterest Wedding Board
Our Wedding Website on WeddingWire.com
- Getting Married: Countdown Post (xapatotheworld.wordpress.com)
- Getting Married: 7 Weeks – Postcards, Painting, and Spring (xapatotheworld.wordpress.com)
- Getting Married: 8 Weeks – Workin and Weather (xapatotheworld.wordpress.com)
- Getting Married: 9 Weeks – Shopping (xapatotheworld.wordpress.com)